Longhouse Adult Family Homes - Northgate (Seattle)
Longhouse Adult Family Homes in Northgate is comprised of one memory care households with six rooms. This beautiful memory care households share property, which gives them a park-like quality and a wonderful natural setting They are located in a peaceful residential neighborhood.
Longhouse Northgate Memory Care offers memory care households for seniors who have Alzheimer’s or dementia and other chronic conditions, such as Parkinson’s Disease or Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Full care includes help with self-care, incontinence, mobility, medications, life enrichment, food, socializing, and awake staff at night, all within a safe and peaceful household.
528 NE 120th Street (licensed by Longhouse)
11339 A & B, 11526 & 11520 17th Ave NE (recently sold and relicensed by Northgate Senior Living)-We are happy to show you these houses as well.
Seattle, WA 98125 (Open in Google Maps)
WHAT IS MEMORY CARE?
Longhouse Northgate Memory Care specializes in providing memory care households for seniors who have dementia and/or other chronic conditions, such as Parkinson’s Disease or Lou Gehrig’s Disease. We enhance quality of life and support residents to perform regular self-care functions as much they are able. The following services are provided:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Self-care (bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, oral care, incontinence management).
- Socializing around food (delicious, healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, along with snacks).
- Mobility and fall risk assistance (one and two person transfers, escorts and other walking assistance to attend all household meals and events safely).
- Planned activities, exercise, and life enrichment based on our residents’ life-long interests.
- Medication ordering, management, and administration by a Longhouse Registered Nurse and certified staff.
- Housekeeping, laundry, gardening, personal care services, and other home maintenance.
Memory Care: All Longhouse staff have specialized training to provide excellent service to seniors with dementia.
- Personalized care and a small household lifestyle that is especially attractive to seniors with dementia.
- Certified staff trained in the Validation method for behavioral management.
- Overnight, awake staff for attentive, gracious care at any hour.
- Secure, controlled egress property with unrestricted access to the outdoors and garden.
- Specialty activity programming and a household design that caters to residents with dementia.
- Servicing with premium memory care in Seattle and the great area.
Intermittent Nursing and Hospice
- Intermittent nursing services, such as tube feeding, diabetic care, ongoing wound care for stable, non-healing wounds, and catheter care.
- Hospice program support so residents do not have to move at end of life.
These services allow seniors to age in place graciously and rest assured that they do not have to move out if their health declines.
Longhouse Northgate Memory Care has houses in the Northgate and Pinehurst neighborhoods. These are excellent residential neighborhoods for walking. Nearby amenities include Northgate Mall, the Kraken practice facility, Regal Thornton Place IMAX Theater and shopping, Barnes and Noble, Pinehurst Pocket Park, Northgate Park, the Northgate branch of the Seattle Public Library, and delightful restaurants along Roosevelt Avenue and 15th Ave NE. Most notable is the famous Zylberschtein's Delicatessen & Bakery at 11752 15th Ave NE. Come and visit dad and mom and get your shopping done at the same time!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT LONGHOUSE NORTHGATE MEMORY CARE
Why is Longhouse Northgate Memory Care a better choice than the "big box" memory care communities?
In my 25 years of experience serving seniors, I have come to believe that "smaller is better" when it comes to seniors with memory care challenges or other chronic conditions. The smaller size leads to a more peaceful, centered, rich life of close relationships and superior care. Everything you love is close, including access to grass, caregivers, friends, and food.
Are incontinence supplies included in the Longhouse Northgate Memory Care monthly rate?
Yes, our monthly rate includes room, board, care, and incontinence supplies.
How many rooms do you have at Longhouse Northgate Memory Care?
We have 6 private rooms. This house is on a large park-like property with pine trees and a walking path.
COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!
Come and see why smaller is better. Schedule a tour of Longhouse Northgate Memory Care today! Or schedule at our Bothell Adult Care location! Come and learn about the difference between Longhouse memory care households and larger hotel-style memory care communities.