Longhouse Adult Family Homes - Everett
Longhouse Adult Family Homes in Everett is comprised of two memory care households with six rooms each. These beautiful memory care households share property, which gives them a park-like quality and a wonderful natural setting They are located in a peaceful residential neighborhood.
Longhouse Everett Memory Care offers memory care households for seniors who have Alzheimer’s or dementia and other chronic conditions, such as Parkinson’s Disease or Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Full care includes help with self-care, incontinence, mobility, medications, life enrichment, food, socializing, and awake staff at night, all within a safe and peaceful household.
Everett, WA 98204 (Open in Google Maps)
WHAT IS MEMORY CARE?
Longhouse Everett Memory Care specializes in providing memory care households for seniors who have dementia and/or other chronic conditions, such as Parkinson’s Disease or Lou Gehrig’s Disease. We enhance quality of life and support residents to perform regular self-care functions as much they are able. The following services are provided:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Self-care (bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, oral care, incontinence management).
- Socializing around food (delicious, healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, along with snacks).
- Mobility and fall risk assistance (one and two person transfers, escorts and other walking assistance to attend all household meals and events safely).
- Planned activities, exercise, and life enrichment based on our residents’ life-long interests.
- Medication ordering, management, and administration by a Longhouse Registered Nurse and certified staff.
- Housekeeping, laundry, gardening, and other home maintenance.
Memory Care: All Longhouse staff have specialized training to provide excellent service to seniors with dementia.
- Personalized care and a small household lifestyle that is especially attractive to seniors with dementia.
- Certified staff trained in the Validation method for behavioral management.
- Overnight, awake staff for attentive, gracious care at any hour.
- Secure, controlled egress property with unrestricted access to the outdoors and garden.
- Specialty activity programming and a household design that caters to residents with dementia.
Intermittent Nursing and Hospice
- Intermittent nursing services, such as tube feeding, diabetic care, ongoing wound care for stable, non-healing wounds, and catheter care.
- Hospice program support so residents do not have to move at end of life.
These services allow seniors to age in place graciously and rest assured that they do not have to move out if their health declines.
Everett is the county seat of and the largest city in Snohomish County, Washington, United States. It is 25 miles (40 km) north of Seattle and is one of the main cities in the metropolitan area and the Puget Sound region. Everett is the seventh-largest city in the state by population, with 110,629 residents as of the 2020 census. The city is primarily situated on a peninsula at the mouth of the Snohomish River along Port Gardner Bay, an inlet of Possession Sound (itself part of Puget Sound) and extends to the south and west.
Longhouse Everett is conveniently located in South Everett just one mile from Interstate 5, two miles south of Boeing’s Paine Field, 3 miles from Everett Mall, and six miles north of Alderwood Mall. This residential neighborhood is one mile from Mariner High School and adjoining schools, Home Depot and Walmart. Various medical clinics are just miles away and Swedish Mill Creek Campus and Providence Regional Medical Center are 11 miles away. Various amenities, including Hampton Park and the library, are close by. Come and visit dad and mom and get your shopping done at the same time!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT LONGHOUSE EVERETT
Why is Longhouse Everett Memory Care a better choice than the "big box" memory care communities?
In my 25 years of experience serving seniors, I have come to believe that "smaller is better" when it comes to seniors with memory care challenges or other chronic conditions. The smaller size leads to a more peaceful, centered, rich life of close relationships and superior care. Everything you love is close, including access to grass, caregivers, friends, and food.
Are incontinence supplies included in the Longhouse Everett Memory Care monthly rate?
Yes, our monthly rate includes room, board, care, and incontinence supplies.
How many rooms do you have at Longhouse Everett Memory Care?
We have 12 private rooms (6 in each house). Each large park-like property has two Longhouses on it—one heavier care house and one lighter care house.
COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!
Come and see why smaller is better. Schedule a tour of Longhouse Everett Memory Care today! Come and learn about the difference between Longhouse memory care households and larger hotel-style memory care communities.