Longhouse Assisted Living Households and Adult Family Homes specializes in providing vibrant households for seniors who have Alzheimer's or dementia and other chronic conditions, such as Parkinson’s Disease or Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Our services enhance all residents’ safety and quality of life and support residents to perform regular self-care functions as much as they are able.
Longhouse services include:
- Self-care (bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, oral care, incontinence management)
- Socializing around food (delicious, healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, along with snacks)
- Mobility and fall risk assistance (one and two person transfers, escorts and other walking assistance to attend all household meals and events safely)
- Planned activities, trips, and life enrichment based on our residents’ life-long interests
- Medication ordering, management, and administration by a Longhouse™ Registered Nurse and certified staff
- Housekeeping, laundry, gardening, and other home maintenance
- Small household lifestyle that is especially attractive to seniors with dementia
- Certified staff trained in the Validation method for behavioral management
- Overnight, awake staff for attentive, gracious care and two-person transfers at any hour
- Secure, controlled egress property with unrestricted access to the outdoors and garden
- Specialty activity programming and a household design that caters to residents with dementia
- Intermittent nursing services, such as tube feeding, diabetic care, ongoing wound care for stable, non-healing wounds, and catheter care.
- Hospice program support so residents do not have to move